Sunday, February 25, 2024
International

Emergency services called to roof blaze at Leicester property caused by BBQ embers

The emergency services were called out to a building near Leicester city centre this morning to tackle a fire caused by embers from a BBQ.

Fire crews went to Edward Street, off Humberstone Road, at 1am to reports of smoke coming from the ceiling area of a building.

Two appliances from Eastern Station went to the property, described as a retail and public assembly building.

It had already been evacuated by the time they arrived.

Leave a Reply